by Pastor Mark Jordan
“If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.” (Galatians 5:25, NKJV)
I found this verse interesting while doing some study on the Holy Spirit. At first glance, it might appear as though the Apostle Paul is saying being redundant, but that isn’t quite the case. Paul also wrote about how our redeemed lives are “hidden in Christ” (Colossians 3:3), which is your spiritual location. But that isn’t the end of the story…not at all! The meaning of today’s verse is to change your lifestyle as the Holy Spirit does its work to make you more like Jesus; therefore, walking with the Holy Spirit isn’t just about your Christian life, but your Christian lifestyle.
How does this strike you? Challenging, maybe? If you need some help, I developed an acrostic based on the word, spirit that might be of assistance.
- S: confess your Sin and believe in Jesus;
- P: identify God’s Purpose for your life, and live into it;
- I: consider how your Interests can be used for God;
- R: connect Relationally with God and others;
- I: seek Inspiration as you work relationally in your interests;
- T: recognize it takes Time, so keep living and walking.
I hope this will help you live and walk in the Spirit. Remember, it is about your life, but also your lifestyle. Will you allocate both to live for the Lord?
Prayer: Dear God, thank you for loving me. I give my life to you, but need your forgiveness for the times I don’t live for you. With the help of your Holy Spirit, enable and empower me to use my life to connect with others and you. I ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.